Friday, April 25, 2008

Devastated

Remember my earlier post about Battle Axe being the bearer of bad news. Well, she called me this afternoon. Our IVF cycle has been cancelled due to poor response.

On Wednesday, my E2 level was 34. Today, my E2 level was 68. Way too low. I had 2 follies on the right ovary, and four on the left.

No more shots, no more baby aspirin, no more folic acid for a month. Just keep up with the prenatals.

One month.

One freakin' month.

One seriously long what-the-heck-did-we-do-wrong month.

Of course I was at work when I got the call. I had a good cry here. This really, really sucks.

I've got the next protocol. I have to call the pharmacy and re-order meds. On CD 1, I call the RE. Start BCPs that day. Start lupron (10 ml) the next day. Start repronex (2 vials) the next day. Start follistim (375 IU) the next day. Looking at 2nd week in June for possible retrieval.

She asked about our travel plans in June and I said we had chili cook offs the first and third weekends. Snowmass the first weekend, and Cripple Creek the third weekend. I may not be able to go to Snowmass now as I'm sure I'll have appointments. But that's okay. After I talked with Hubby, he may have to stay here too as he gives me my repronex shots. We’re going to have to figure out something as I don’t want him to not go.

So, that’s my update for today. I think I’m going to go eat a big bowl of carbohydrates and drink a Route 44 Diet Coke from Sonic. Why not?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...