So Christmas Eve afternoon, I'm out doing some running around with a cousin. The plan was to get our nails done, have lunch, then do some shopping. We did do all that, but because she was getting her acrylic nails removed the old fashioned way by soaking them off and filing them by hand, it took forever! By the time we were out of there, it was close to three o'clock and the choices for lunch were slim to almost none.
We ended up stopping at Del Taco. I grabbed my normal fish tacos. Ate them, no problem. Salsa was a bit hot but figured the jalapenos that day were spicier than normal.
We go shopping, I spend way too much money, then go home to get a few things done before Hubby and I go to church then drive to my mom's.
As I'm wrapping my gifts, my tummy begins to hurt, as if something I ate didn't agree with me. Pre-band, had this happened, I would have just walked to the restroom, stuck my finger down my throat, and got rid of the offending food. Now, that just does not happen. I really miss those days!
I eat a Tums, we load up the car, go to church, then head to mom's. Have dinner, play some games, eat some candy (too much candy). Finally, I get this strange feeling that comes over me. I think I'm going to be sick. I go to the restroom, stand over the sink, wretch once, then say I'm not going to let myself be sick, then head to lay down in a bedroom.
Before I can make it, I'm falling, face first, into the doorway of the bedroom. I hit my temple and my knee, before Hubby is able to catch me. He moves fast, by the way, when he needs to!
This, of course, scares all my family. There I am, on the floor, and my brother is on one side, trying to remove my jacket. I have a tight turtle neck on and they are pulling it away from my neck. Hubby undoes my jeans button. They take my blood pressure and it is very low, like 80 something over 50 something. Twice. A few minutes later, it comes back up to my normal of 114/75.
After refusing to have them call 9-1-1, I'm able to slowly get up and make it to the bed I was originally aiming for. I rested a couple of hours then went home.
Saturday, my tummy still hurts, but no fainting. I could eat, but it always made my tummy upset, therefore I didn't eat much.
Sunday, same thing. But then that evening, I finally had my first BM since Friday. First one wasn't so bad, other than it was hard, due to the constipation. After that, it was like Niagara Falls.
Monday, a little bit more of the D, but seriously, what was left in my system after Sunday? I call the doctor to make an appointment and am able to get in at 11 o'clock. After taking my BP twice, which was 90 something over 70 something (I think), they concluded that I have normally low blood pressure. I explained what had happened and the conclusion was that when I wretched, I put pressure on this nerve that starts with a V, like vaga (vay-gah), or something like that, that caused my already low BP to drop even more, which caused me to get so light-headed, that I went down. But they did an EKG just to make sure nothing was wrong with my heart, which the results were normal, and did blood work, which I haven't gotten back yet, to make sure there was nothing else going on.
My greatest fear this whole weekend was that it was my pancreas again. I absolutely didn't want to go back to the hospital. That was pure torture. But thank God it wasn't. Had it been, I would have been in severe pain, throwing up, pain in my back. Pretty much like what happened the first time (except I only threw up once then).
So while I was at the doctor's yesterday, they took my weight and it was 217. With my clothes on. If you recall, that doctor's office (my PCP) is where my official high weight was taken from the summer of 2009, which was 294, also with clothes. So if I do my math right, I'm down 77 pounds. However, I would really have rather not gone through this to lose a few pounds. Really.
Now I'm feeling better. My digestive tract is not totally restored to its former glory, but it is on its way. The doc did tell me to drink lots of water, to keep well hydrated, to help keep my BP up. I think that means in the mornings, when I'm getting ready, I should probably drink water rather than my coffee, although I'll still have coffee, but start out with water first. I know this last month has been bad when it comes to water consumption as I have just been so busy with work. I can't let that continue though, as I really don't want a repeat of this, or have to take medications for it. Although, are there meds for low BP? I really don't know.
So my Christmas weekend pretty much sucked. I'm hoping the New Year's weekend is much better. We're going to have our annual party. Which means tomorrow and Thursday, I've got to get my butt busy and clean house! Do food shopping! Make my wonderful finger foods (because I can't spell the word hores de vores)!
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family and you have a great New Year's Eve! May God bless you as he has me. Hugs to you and thank you for following me and keeping up with all my drama, news, and boring stuff too.