Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Weekend away

This weekend we went camping at Eleven Mile. It's less than two hours away, so it's a perfect weekend get away when you don't want to go too far.

We did some fishing, although I didn't catch anything. Night fishing is the most successful way to catch fish there. However, I stayed at the camp when Hubby went night fishing, as I knew I wouldn't be able to stay up that late.

I took a walk Sunday morning down to the lake and around a small portion of it. We think the lake got its name because it has eleven miles of shoreline, so I knew there would be no way I could walk all the way around!

I finished reading one book and started another while there. It's so nice to read with nothing else to do.

My MIL and I took turns cooking. If I cooked breakfast, she'd cook dinner, and vice versa. That way neither one of us had to cook more than once and clean our kitchens more than once a day. Breakfast was late enough that we didn't eat lunch.

Now I'm back and have to go to work. It sucks, but hey, it's what allows us to go on these fun little trips.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...