Monday, August 9, 2010

Very nice weekend

My cousin A is marrying O next month. Right now, they live in Minnesota. O came in this weekend for two bridal showers, one at my cousin’s (the groom’s sister), the other at her aunt’s. My mom and I drove up to Denver for the one at my cousin’s.

It was a lot of fun! I got to meet O for the first time and their cute little daughter C. We visited with several of my aunts. Had some yummy food my cousin made. She is quite the cook! She had gastric bypass about six or seven years ago, but doesn’t let that stop her from her love of baking and cooking.

I went up there expecting to have cake. I was planning for this. However, no cake, just lots of yummy fresh fruit and other baked goods. We stayed after the shower and had some dinner with them from a local Mexican food restaurant.

After making our way to the hotel, I tried working out, but just didn’t have much energy. I think it was a combination of not a lot of protein that day and not much water. I drank lots of iced tea, but only one bottle of water. I walked for about 15 minutes then rode the bike another 15 minutes. At least my heart rate got up a little bit.

Sunday morning we went back to my cousin’s for breakfast. She made the most delicious stuffed french toast. She used Italian bread, cut it about two inches thick, and stuffed it with cream cheese mixed with Splenda and fresh blue berries. Talk about heaven! I had about 1/3 of a slice and a piece of her hashbrown quiche she also made, and lots of fruit.

On the way home, Mom and I stopped at Castle Rock to do some shopping. I found a summer dress for half price, two really cute tops, and a skirt, all on sale. I also found a really cute pair of slacks and a top, but those were full price and a new sale starts today using "Ho.ney Mo.ney" from previous purchases, allowing 20% off full priced items. So I’ll go to our local store today or tomorrow and see if I can find the same outfit.

I also was able to find some new Bali bras at another store there. 42G! These are minimizer bras. My girls are actually starting to look, dare I say, normal sized! The waistline of the dress I bought actually falls below my breasts, rather than on them. I’ll have to take a picture of it tonight when I get home so you can see it.

We also did stop at the Ro.cky Mou.ntain Ch.oc.olate Fac.tory. I bought an ice cream cone and enjoyed every bite! But that was the only thing I bought other than a bottle of water. That was my sweet treat for the weekend.

My doggies were quite happy to see me. Hubby was gone this weekend too, so they were stuck in the kitchen, since I refuse to allow them to be outside overnight at home. I know they bark and I won’t be "one of those neighbors." The daytime is okay, but not nighttime.

Oh, by the way, the size of the dress? 18! NSV!

If you’ve noticed, you’ll see that I haven’t updated my weight ticker. That’s because I didn’t weigh yesterday since I was gone, and since I didn’t have a BM all weekend due to the lack of water, I am retaining, and I just don’t want to record that weight! LOL But tomorrow morning I’ll update, regardless of what the number is.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...