Yesterday evening, we had softball practice for the upcoming tourney that we are playing in at the end of the month. I was able to hit the ball repeatedly, run for the damn thing when I didn't catch it out in left field, and run to first base, all without getting winded, or my knees hurting, or my back hurting. I would not have been able to do this last summer. NSV!
What a great feeling!
I'm back to working out. I'll be going to the Y tonight to do the treadmill for an hour. Again Thursday.
Saturday I'll return to my Zumba class, perhaps Sunday too, depending on what we end up doing for Father's Day. I'm not sure if I've shared this with my readers or not, but my Hubby has a daughter from a relationship he was in back in his early 20s. She just turned 17 and is staying with us for a while during her summer vacation. I asked her this morning to think of what she'd like to do on Sunday to celebrate Father's Day.
I think I'll be able to get back in the water next Monday for the aqua interval classes. Then in July, I'll see about introducing weights back into my exercise routine. I'll start off with just 15 pounds, see how I feel, go to 20, see how I feel, and work my way up.
For my fellow WLS followers, you know and understand how excited I am to see my collar bones emerge. They. are. almost. there! I'm thinking another 10 pounds and I'll be able to see them without shrugging my shoulders. I can easily feel them. Oh! I also saw my shoulder blade just sticking out just clear as day! I could actually see the outline of the bone, without the round softening that extra layers of fat provide.
While I have been pretty much plateaued this last five weeks, I think my body shape has been shifting. I like it. :0)