Can I just say that I really enjoyed getting back into the pool yesterday for water aerobics? I have so missed it! My muscles missed it! From the get go, I could tell that it has been a month since I last dipped a toe in chlorinated water!
I bet the people at the Y were like, oh, nice to see ya again, lazy butt! Not really, but really. It's been about two weeks since I worked out on the treadmill. How crazy is it that now that I'm finally wanting to work out, all these darn health issues have prevented me from doing it? Well, they're not keeping me from it, any more. I went last night and I'm going back tonight, this time to walk on the treadmill.
I love the treadmills at our Y. They have built in TVs. So for the first 30 minutes, I walk to my ipod tunes, then the next 30 minutes, I flip on the TV and tune it into the Food Network, and watch whatever is on. I really like doing this on Saturday mornings when they actually have cooking shows on, unlike in the evenings when it is usually Unwrapped or a challenge, because then I get so caught up in the recipe they are making that I want to finish watching it, guaranteeing that I'm on the tread for a minimum of 30 minutes, if not more, depending on when the show starts.
I was looking at the health and wellness schedules for July and the first part of August and I think I'm going to try some new classes. They've got a kick boxing class that really gets the cardio revved up, and then a Y Firm class that combines cardio with strength training. I'll have to sit down tonight and map out exactly what I want to do so I make sure not to miss out on anything, as some classes are only once a week. Another thing I saw was that they offer a beginners Zumba class, called Zumba Gold, that shows you the basic steps. I wished I would have taken that when I first started Zumba.
I'm starting to get lots of compliments on my weight loss. I think it's because I was finally able to purchase and wear size 1XL shirts. Before that, I was still in my 2XL, though slightly baggy, still fit. Now I can wear the 1XL and they are not too tight, so my loss is really starting to show. I may soon have to also buy some more work slacks as my 20Ws are really baggy in the butt/hips area, although the waist is just right. I wonder if that's because my tummy is still a bit swollen from a combination of the GB surgery and the ERCP scope I had done last week? If so, maybe my waist will soon shrink enough to make buying even size 16s possible. A girl can only hope, right?
Do you know what my ultimate panty-creaming, euphoria-producing, clothing goal is? To be able to wear knee-high boots. I have never been able to do this as my calves are so big! Perhaps I've just never shopped in a shoe store that offered a good range of options, but when I reach that goal, you may just hear me screaming in ecstasy! Just wanted to forewarn you!