Saturday, May 22, 2010

Spring has finally sprung!

We are now past any more freezes here in Southeastern Colorado. So I took advantage of my afternoon off yesterday and went and bought a bunch of flowers and plants to brighten our little flower gardens.

This is one of the varieties of begonias that I got and planted in front of our home.

I got begonias (three different colors), marigolds (yellow and orange ~ they smell wonderful!), portulacas (sundial fuchsia), alyssum (Easter bonnet mix and purple), impatiens (red, orange and pink), and a few others that I forgot to save the little pokey card thingies (you know, the thing that comes in the trays that tell you what the flowers are and stuff).

These are the purple alyssums.

I forget what this plant is. No flowers, just very pretty foliage.

I got them all planted yesterday afternoon and this morning. I bought quite a few from a local nursery (we go to church with the owners so I got a nice 20% discount off everything I bought). This morning I got a bit of sun on my shoulders and back of my neck which was nice. I've been looking way too much like a white girl (yeah, I know I am a white girl ~ doesn't mean I need to be all pale).

One of my planters with three different flowers, impatiens, alyssums and something else!

Ambassador mix of begonias in a planter.

Hubby got the front lawn mowed today before he had to stop as it is so hot! 93 degrees Fahrenheit. Wow, I'm glad we got a taste of spring weather, because that is a summer temperature, not spring temperature!


The marigolds in a close up above, and below, with one of our lilac bushes that only produced 3 lilac blossoms.


A wide shot of my back flower bed and whiskey barrel. We'll plant zucchinis and yellow summer squash in the middle.


This is the wooden carving of a marine we bought a few years ago. I think I may have posted a picture of it before. It is aging quite well. Obviously, we haven't finished the landscaping below it.


I have no idea what this plant is. It's an established plant. If you know, leave a comment.



~*~*~*~*~*~

This isn't spring related, but I just had to post a picture of the wonderful anniversary gift Hubby got me. Isn't it beautiful!?!

Au naturale here, no make up and didn't do my hair after my shower.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...