I know what the problem is. I'm not being careful with what I am eating. Sweets. Junk food. Even some fast food. If I keep this crap up I'm going to gain back all the weight I've lost so far. I need to come up with a plan to cook dinner on the nights when I go to the Y, either by using my crock pot or making stuff on the weekends and freezing it then reheating it during the week.
Plus, I need to stay away from the Rocky Mountain Cho.col.ate Fa.cto.ry. Twice now I've stopped there on the way back from Denver. While I didn't buy myself a caramel apple (got those for Hubby) I did get a double scoop waffle cone BOTH TIMES! And other stuff. Have you ever tried any of the tiger butter items? Yeah, they are way good. I think I am going to have to find a new place to stop on my way back from Denver to use the restroom and get a bottle of water besides RMCF in Castle Rock.
How do you guys get through this carb overload phase? I need tips. I need to sew my lips shut!
~*~*~*~*~*~
Girl Bandit asked me how the March of Dimes walk went. It was great! I was able to walk all five miles with energy to spare. I did get a couple blisters on the edge of my heel, but I think that was caused by my socks being too thin and my shoe rubbing. I was able to raise $335, surpassing my goal by $35. Thank you to Sally who donated! I appreciate it.
Thursday when I was in Denver, I was at an educational symposium to get some continuing education credits for my insurance license. There were lots of insurance carriers there with booths, both giving away little trinkets (such as hand sanitizer, pens, note pads, tooth brushes, etc.) and then also cool prizes. I won a pair of Tommy Bahama sunglasses and an ipod touch! I know! Freakin' cool! And it was perfect timing too as my little ipod nano is starting to go out, which, by the way, I won that too from another insurance company about five years ago.
Today I synced it up with my old computer where I had a lot of cool music, then synced again with my laptop. I want to go and buy an arm band for it to use when I do weights or go walking.
What songs do you have that you can't live without, especially when you exercise? I've got some that are older songs (well, a few years old, anyway) that I just love to shake my booty to. Honky Tonk Badonkadonk is one of them. I also just downloaded I'm in da House, the radio version. I love that song! I was singing it last night as I was making dinner and Hubby thought I actually said the F word, rather than freakin. He hates it when I say the F word.
Okay, time to go. I'm going to go sneak in the shower with Hubby. Knowing him, he'll protest, but maybe I can get him to come around! :0)