Yesterday AF arrived. Not a problem. There was no disappointment as I'm finally past that (I think). However, she is not being very nice to me, thanks Auntie!
Since being banded, I no longer take ibuprofen as it can cause erosion of the band, so now I rely on Tylenol for my headaches as well as my cramps. It works, but not as well as ibuprofen.
This morning, I get up late as I'm just so tired. Hop in the shower, get partially dressed, gotta potty. Which, by the way, I've needed to do for a few days, but a BM was AWOL. Afterwards, I go and let my dogs out to do their business, start a pot of coffee, and grab a couple of Tylenol to take as I'm already feeling AF's presents (or is it presence - it's debatable).
I go back to the bathroom to finish getting ready, grabbing my make up. I get as far as putting my moisturizer and powder on, when I know I need to potty again. Being a multitasker, I sit as I finish my make up. I'm hurting though. Between the menstrual cramps and the BM cramps, I'm almost in tears. And then what happens? I start to slime! For those of you who are not familiar with the term slime, it is what happens to a bandster when something is stuck in her stoma (the little pouch above the band). And it's a lot of slime! I'm trying to decide if maybe the Tylenol got stuck, or if it's a sign of me about to get sick. Back in the days before Bruce was around, that was a clear sign when I was about to get sick because my mouth would fill with lots of saliva.
So I sat there on the toilet, fighting not to get sick, swallowing back all the saliva that my over-productive salivary glands were pouring out. Finally, everything stopped.
Before leaving the house, I grabbed my box of scopolamine patches so I could stick one behind my ear to help prevent nausea. One of the most important things you want to prevent from happening when you are banded is vomiting. Vomiting can cause a prolapse of the band (where the bottom portion of the stomach slips through the band, causing pain, damage and often times, surgery to fix).
Now I'm definitely feeling better. I'm still crampy but no longer foaming at the mouth. Aunt Flo sure knows how to make us appreciate her, huh?