In sixteen days, that's 16, I'll be banded. In six days, 6, I'll start the official pre-op diet. Until then, I'm eating two healthy meals a day, and making my third meal "my last meal," from my favorite restaurants.
Last night we went to Black Eyed Pea and I had the chicken tenders, fried okra, and squash casserole. Not sure what I'm going to do today. I'm going to a lap-band support group this evening, so I may make lunch "my last meal."
Last week, we had Chinese food, twice! So no need for that last meal. On Sunday, we'll go to Furr's after church.
This Thursday evening, I have one of three Christmas parties I'll be attending. It will be my last one where I am unencumbered. The rest I'll either be on my pre-op diet or already banded.
We still plan on hosting our New Year's Eve party. I will just make sure that I have the kind of food I can eat. Not sure if I'll be to the mushy stage of food yet, if not, I'll have my jello, maybe some pudding too. I'll have to find a good broth that I like to drink and make it look like hot cider. Again, I'm not sharing this with others, so I've got to look like I'm blending in. I just hope I can stay up that late. It will be two weeks exactly after my surgery, so hopefully my energy level will be back.
I'm getting very excited. I'm not really looking forward to the surgery itself - you know, being cut open and all - but I am looking forward to having my tool in place and ready to start losing some serious weight. Speaking of weight, according to my PCP's office, I am down 10 pounds since this summer. No complaints there!