Yesterday afternoon Hubby and I met with the surgeon. I had lots of questions and got some really good answers. He asked me why I wanted to pursue weight loss surgery (WLS) and I had a list. I went over all the things that I was experiencing because of my weight. I told him that we'd like to try to have a baby, but our fertility specialist said our best option would be pursuing donor eggs or donor embryos, but to try to lose the excess weight first.
I have scheduled the appointment with the dietitian and the psychologist for next Tuesday afternoon. I'm really hoping that we can get everything done that needs to be done so I can have the surgery before the year is out.
When I got on the scales, it read six pounds lighter than the scales at the OB's office read. I have a feeling it's just the difference in scales and not because I'm doing anything to lose weight (yet). Or maybe it is. Who knows. But I'll use my weight from yesterday as my official weight for tracking my progress.