I got the results of my fasting blood work in yesterday. Most of the numbers were within normal range, but a couple were outside normal.
HDL - This number is too low. I need to increase it so that my risk of heart disease decreases. Because this number is low (I can't remember exact number, something in the upper 30s), it has caused my cholesterol ratio to be off.
Insulin - 18. The normal range is less than 17. I've sent this off to my PCP to see if there is anything I need to do about this. My fasting glucose was only 83, which is well within normal range, so I'm a bit confused about my insulin number.
Dr. S is out of town this week, so we won't know until he returns whether this will affect my cycle of not.
If anyone has some input on the insulin number, please feel free to share.