I think our heat wave is finally coming to an end. Coming back to work yesterday from lunch, the thermometer in my car read 74 degrees F. Absolutely ridiculous for February in Colorado! Today has started out beautiful, so not sure when the cold weather is setting in.
I go to have my teeth cleaned this morning. Luckily, I have really good teeth and I'm told they are easy to clean by my dental hygienist, but I hate having them cleaned. I lay in that chair absolutely tense, just cringing when they poke and prod and scrape. Ugh.
We were talking at coffee break this morning what we'd do if we won the lottery. I said I'd quit and open my own glass shop. I love fusing glass. It's a lot of fun, relaxing, and a way I can let my creative juices flow. One day, I want to do this. I took a few classes at a local glass shop, starting out with stained glass, then trying fused glass. I was hooked! I ultimately want to make a fused lamp. I've made a stained glass lamp already. However, in order to do this, I first have to have a mold created and that is going to cost a chunk of change. Perhaps when I get home tonight, I'll take a couple of pictures of some of the stuff I have created and post it here.
Hubby and I went to Lo.we's a couple of weekends ago and bought some stuff to start the transformation of our hallway bathroom. When we bought this house a little over two years ago, we both said that removing the carpet from that bathroom was high priority (our other two bathrooms have tile). We still haven't done it. I want to get this done, and I just think it is so gross to have carpet in a bathroom. Bathrugs or mats are okay, they can be tossed in the washer, but carpet? Shudder. I bought the paint, new towel racks, faucet, mirror, glass shelf, toilet paper stand, and a few other things that will make the room nice and pretty. This bathroom has raspberry colored bathtub, toilet and sink. We can't afford to replace those, so I thought I'd at least get fixtures and paint colors that would offset it and make it a pretty bathroom. The paint is a soft gray and all the hardware is a brushed nickel. I'll have to take before and after pictures to post.
Speaking of houses, when we were looking at homes, my ideal was to buy a house that we'd grow into, rather than having to move after a couple of years when our family got bigger. I didn't want the hassle of moving, of having to sell one house before buying the next. I wanted one house that we'd live in for many years, even up to and past the point of having grand kids. So the house we bought is bi-level with four bedrooms and three baths. It's a bit big for us now, but I'm still planning on filling it with a kid or two. If not, I may just have to convert the room I've delegated as the nursery into a workshop for glass. Either that, or expand our bedroom into it, and have a huge master bedroom. Ahh, plans.
Okay, time to end this rambling. Work is waiting. Have a great weekend!