Friday, December 19, 2008

Gift wrapping

Hubby and I got some more gifts wrapped last night. He actually helped without my having to ask. Also, he wrapped the neatest present he's ever done. (Hubby's normal wrapping consists of putting the gift in the plastic store bag he brought it home in, tying it up at the top, and sticking a gift tag on it. And maybe a bow. His wrapping skills still need some fine tuning). Needless to say, he was very proud of himself.

Tonight is the hard work. House cleaning! Ugh. Luckily, most of the laundry (towels and bedding) are done, but I do need to throw some of my clothes in, plus really clean the bathroom downstairs. Hubby usually cleans the two bathrooms (except mine - he won't do mine for some reason), but not the shower downstairs. We rarely use the shower down there so I do need to scrub it down, then I got some of those gritty strips you place on the floor of the shower so you don't slip and fall. I tried a bath mat, but it would shift and about make you fall, so I thought I'd try something different.

My older sister has celiac disease which prevents her from eating wheat, rye and barley. So I've got to figure out a menu for the time they're here that doesn't include those things. It shouldn't be too bad, I'll just not fix any pasta, and she have to skip the bread. Oh, and she doesn't eat pork, so I guess I won't be fixing my nice thick pork chops either.

I go and pick up my sister and niece tomorrow morning at the train station about an hour east of here. The train is supposed to arrive at 8:15, which means I've got to get up early. Ugh. Then we'll drive a little farther and pick up my nephew. I plan for us to go to the zoo and see the Electric Critters Saturday night. Santa Claus is supposed to be at a house here in town that's all decorated, so we might go there too. Sunday we have our Christmas program at church, then after that, maybe we can just relax and visit.

I have a feeling that the next two weeks are going to fly by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...