Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Poll

I copied this list from Jen's blog. Feel free to copy it and post it on yours as well.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. I try to recycle any gift bags I get, but also use wrapping paper.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. Hubby and I both think that a real tree is too much hassle, not to mention the fire danger it poses. Plus my tree is prelit so I don't have to worry about hanging lights on it.

3. When do you put up the tree? Normally the weekend after Thanksgiving. Since I'm off work during that time, it gives me plenty of time to clean the living room, remove some furniture, and bring in the tree and all of the decorations.

4. When do you take the tree down? The first week or two in January.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, with nutmeg. When I used to drink, I also enjoyed it with a little bit of Kahlua.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Oh gosh, it's hard to choose. Either my Tonka truck or my Big Wheel. (I was a tomboy until junior high.)

7. Hardest person to buy for? Hubby. Unless he tells me exactly what he wants, I usually go with Steelers memorabilia.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Me!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, but I want a new one. Mine is too small. I want a larger one to put in front of the fireplace.

10. Mail or e-mail Christmas Card? Mail (I actually did mail out Christmas cards this year. I'm so proud of myself!)

11. Worst Christmas gift you have ever received? Hmm, can't really remember this. Maybe a perfume gift set in a scent I don't care for.

12. Favorite Christmas movie? Home Alone

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? In December

14. Have you every recycled a Christmas present? I love to regift!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Dinner with the family. What is on the table is unimportant.

16. Lights on the tree? Yep, it's prelit, and they are white.

17. Favorite Christmas Song? I love almost all Christmas songs. We went caroling last night and it was so much fun (except for my toes freezing!). I really like "Mary Did You Know?"

18. Traveling at Christmas or stay at home? Both. I'm going to my mom's for Christmas Eve (which is only about an hour's drive), then we'll be here to spend the day with my in-laws at our house.

19. Can you name all of Santa's Reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and of course Rudolf!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star. For some reason I am not a fan of angels on top of the Christmas tree.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? This year, we'll open some gifts on Christmas Eve since we'll be at my Mom's. But, we'll also open gifts Christmas afternoon with my in-laws. Once we have kids, we'll open presents Christmas morning because that's when Santa will have left all of his gifts!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? All of the political correctness. The reason for the season is the birth of Jesus Christ!

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Don't really have a theme, but my colors are purple and silver on the tree.

24. Favorite ornament? It's an angel that my mom still puts up on her tree (or at least I hope she does) that is a beautiful emerald green dress (made from large sequins) and gold head and wings. I think it also has some peacock plumage on it. I'll have to look when I go there next week.

25. Favorite for Christmas Dinner? As I said before, I really don't have a favorite. We'll make a rib eye roast with baked potatoes for dinner this year.

26. What do you want for Christmas this year? I'd like the Nintendo DS, which is really unusual for me. I'm not typically a fan of the little electronic games, but for some reason, I feel the need for one, just so I can play the Brain Age game.

27. Favorite holiday tradition? Waking up to presents from Santa Claus! Of course, right now, Santa is me, but I know soon we'll have little ones that Santa will come and leave presents for.

28. Favorite holiday drink? Mulled apple cider.

29. Do you want a White Christmas even if you live some place you can not have one? That would be great! Just let the roads be clear!

30. Do you hang Mistletoe? No, I don't. Maybe I should, then Hubby would have to give me a kiss, rather than running from me all the time! ;-p
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...