Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Odd Acu visit today

Today's acupuncture visit was odd today. I got there right at 10:00, one of the gals takes me to my room, I kick off my shoes and knee highs, and get settled on the table. My nose thinks that it's the right time to start running. I think to myself I'll have Dr. Poke-a-me get me a tissue when he comes in.

Ten minutes later, still no doc, so I jump up, grab a tissue, blow my nose, lay back down. Then my cell phone rings. It's Nancy calling me to explain about a response she left me on my blog. So we talk for a few minutes, then hang up. After a total of twenty minutes, in comes Dr. Poke-a-me. He gets me situated with all the needles, the electrical thingies, and the music. Music is kinda loud, but I like it, so it's okay. He wishes me a great weekend, and leaves.

I'm laying there relaxing, thinking, sleeping, and then I thought I heard my timer go off. It stops. But no one comes in. I hear two new songs on the CD that I've not heard before. Finally, one of the gals comes in and says she thinks the timer isn't working. (I think to myself that her ears aren't working - but that's okay). While she's there, another new song comes on. I was hooked up to electricity for about 30 minutes! Normally, it's 20 minutes. As she is unhooking me, the other gal comes in and said I heard the music but didn't see the timer going, so I thought I'd check on you. Thanks!!

Anyway, I'm all unhooked, they leave me to get off the table and put my shoes on, but I can't get off the table! They moved a chair to the side of the table that I normally get off on (okay, that doesn't sound right! lol). I get off the other side, put shoes and knee highs back on, walk out. I tell ya, I felt all wobbly.

I get into the car, look in the mirror, and I have black smudges around my eyes from the paper that was on the headrest. I come back to the office, rub the back of my left calf where one of the needles were, and OUCH! It is very tender.

Let me tell you, if this would have been my first experience with acu, I would not be going back! But since it wasn't, I know that this is just a fluke and that it is NOT normal.

I have six days to my next visit. I think that may be a good thing!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...