What a great weekend! I got through the family reunion without anyone asking the dreaded question. Well, I take that back, my younger sister did, but she knows what's going on, and only asked so that she could ask the next questions without seeming presumptuous.
She offered to give us her eggs. We discussed what would have to happen to do it. However, Hubby is very uncomfortable with getting eggs from someone we know, whether they are family or not. At least if we get eggs from an anonymous donor, there are no worries about that person wanting to "raise" or thinking they have a say so in raising our child. Not that I think my sister would do that, but I totally understand what he is feeling.
Also, my sister is about ready to start a new job, and she is currently on the depot shot for birth control, so I just don't think it would be feasible to use her as a donor. Add to that she is four hours away and yeah, it just would be too much of a hardship for her to do it, plus she'd have to give herself all the shots (yes I know there are wonder women who do all their own shots, but most of you have a SO (significant other) there to support you).
Anyway, it was good to see family that I haven't seen in a while. My nephew is getting big. He starts third grade next month. He is to that point that giving Auntie Tori a hug is so "little kid" and he's a big kid now. Dang it, they grow up too fast!
My sister and I ran to a big box retailer to get her some pants, and instead ended up buying her son's sch.ool supp.lies. I also got her a $40 gift card so she could get him a backpack plus whatever else he might need (we were using a local school's third grade list, and she thought it was a bit different from his school's third grade list of items). I figure it's the least I can do since I don't get to see them very often. I bought his supplies last year too and shipped them to him. It's better this way so I don't waste $20 on the shipping costs.
Now it's Monday, and time to get back to work. Gotta keep up with the job so I don't lose my insurance coverage. Regardless of what it covers for the IF, the rest of it rocks! Plus, if I ever decide that Hubby needs to visit the deep end of the ocean, it provides his life insurance. ;-p