Friday, June 27, 2008

Keeping busy

Hubby and I have been keeping busy. Between cleaning out our storage room, putting new shelves up in it, and then rearranging it, and then the upkeep of the new grass in the back yard, it seems we don't have much time to worry about TTC. Which is fine with me. There is enough time to worry while actually doing all the shots and stuff.

Tonight I want to finish up the storage room. Right now, all the stuff that was in there is on my side of the garage. So until we get that stuff put away, I can't park my car in the garage, which isn't that big of a deal as long as the weather is nice.

Wednesday, Hubby bought a new wheel barrow. We have one, but it is old and rusty, and the handles are splintering. He had wheeled it around the side of the house and leaned it against our gate, but had to go grab the key to unlock the gate. He then got busy with cleaning out the storage room and forgot to put it in the backyard. Can you believe someone came by and stole it overnight?!?! How sad. When he went back to Lowe's yesterday to get another one, he told the sales guy what happened and the sales guy said that Karma would come back and bite the person who stole it in the a$$! lol

Between all the stuff that we hauled off from the storage room, two sets of lawn clippings, and just some regular trash, Hubby had a truckload to haul to the dump. It cost $46 to dispose of it! Not even six months ago, it would have cost about $18. A local dump has closed, and the remaining dumps have decided to take advantage of those of us who now have fewer choices. The nerve of some people.

I want to catch a movie this weekend. There are several that I'd like to see. Kungfu Panda. The new Angelina Jolie movie (I was just reading it's review and darned if I can remember the title). A few others. We'll see. Hubby picked up a couple of rentals, so maybe I'll just watch those instead.

Tomorrow I take Sugar in to be groomed. It's a good thing, because yesterday it got to be 100 degrees here! The poor little thing has black fur, and even though it isn't that long, I'm sure it has to be very hot for her. I asked Hubby today if we should be providing more for the dogs during the afternoons while they are outside, but he said they have what they need. Bowls of ice water, food, shelter, and several trees that provide shade. The only other thing that I'd want is a pool, but since the dogs didn't ever use the little pool I got them last summer, I guess that is only something I'd enjoy. They've got several pillows/blankets to lay on, not to mention the lawn furniture that is on our back porch. Maybe some doggie mai tais.

If you have a green thumb and would like to come and help with the flowers in our backyard, please feel free to drop by. I've got to figure out a way to keep those darn little weeds out of my gardens. I have a few dandelions, but they aren't the problem. I keep pulling them, but that only seems to work for a few days. Who knew that keeping a pretty backyard was such hard work???
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...