Case in point. We needed to make our hotel reservations for the Snowmass Chili Pepper & Brew Fest in June. It's almost 9:30 pm and I call to the reservation hotline. They are only open 8 to 5. Wouldn't you know it. I didn't want to leave a voice message, so I e-mailed them instead. Told them to call me at work tomorrow so I can take care of it.
We're not going to stay at the same hotel as my BIL & SIL, as that hotel doesn't have bellhops. You've got to understand, when you are participating in a chili cook off, you have lots, I mean LOTS, of things to lug around. At least three coolers, three or four plastic bins with all our supplies and dry ingredients, tent, canvas chairs, and other miscellaneous items. So having a hotel with a bellhop is essential to us! Hubby and I have been taught to use our brains and not our brawn, so we have others perform the menial labor. ;-)
Don't forget the bears! Yeah, Snowmass is very strict when it comes to their bears. If we leave anything out that has the scent of food and a bear raids our stuff, we will be fined big time! Thus the reason for hauling everything back up to our room, because we can't leave it in the back of the truck. That is a big no-no. Last year when we were in Winter Park, my BIL and a few others left their coolers at the cook site overnight (it was a two day cook off). A local bear invaded the site, got into BIL's cooler, ate his grapes, got into another cook's cooler and ate all her meat (what she was going to cook with the next day). Another bear came to our condo where we were staying and tried to get into the cooler Hubby had left in the back of his truck. Coleman sure makes some good coolers. The bear didn't succeed but we still have his teeth marks to show everyone.
Also, our hotel has the nice hot tubs and pools! I know, Hubby and I can't do the hot tubs as we'll be mid-cycle, but we can do the pools! Plus, BIL & SIL will come over with their kids and enjoy the hot tubs. Win-win. Did I mention that the Neville Brothers are performing during this festival weekend? Imagine, sitting in the pool, sipping a cold bottle of Arrowhead water, while listening to the Neville Brothers. Ahhhhh. Pure bliss. gag gag gag
Hey, if you're not doing anything the first weekend in June, come and check it out. Just look for the crazed cook pictured here.