Friday, May 20, 2011

More cake!

My best friend asked me to make her daughter's 13th birthday cake for her party tonight.  So I obliged.  She wanted the cake itself to be purple, with white frosting and purple zebra stripes, and hot pink borders.  I used Wilton's sugar sheets to make the zebra stripes.  I had a lot of fun making this cake and her daughter absolutely loved it!



Tonight in the cake decorating class, we learned how to do drop flowers, rosettes, pompom flowers, shaggy mums, and the 1M swirl.  Here are pictures of the cupcakes I made in class.


 Pompom flower above.
 Rosettes.
A leaf design.
A shaggy mum.

Once I got home, I switched over to the leftover buttercream frosting I had and frosted the rest of the cupcakes using the 1M swirl.
The reverse 1M swirl.  I like how this really looks like a rose.


 I thought these turned out really cute!

Next week is our final class for this course.  We have to take a frosted cake to class so we can decorate it.  Then, starting the very next week, we'll move on to Course 2, Fondant & Gum Paste Flowers.

I guess it's a good thing I made these cupcakes.  Hubby and I can use them to celebrate our 6th anniversary on Saturday.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...