Saturday, April 30, 2011

Saturday morning musings

This morning I'm going for the March of Dimes walk.  My team raised over $2,000 which was double our goal.  I raised $525, so not too bad. 

I'm planning on dropping off all my unused fertility medications at the Nat.ion.al Take Ba.ck Pre.scr.iption day program.  It's all expired and just taking up room in our back room.

I am taking up a new hobby.  Cake decorating.  A friend of mine got me interested in it and I figure if I'm good enough I might just be able to make a little bit of money at it.  Here are some photos of the cakes I've already done, and I haven't even taken any of the classes yet!







I got the idea for the Rainbow Cake from Lisa over at A Day in the Life of a Preachermans Wife.  Thanks Lisa!  This rainbow cake got lots of rave reviews!  The first two cakes shown are modified versions of it with just four layers, as I'm taking those to different events and need to be able to easily transport them.  The seven layer cake I made was over 8 inches tall!  So yeah, needed something not quite so tall.

If you are ever in need of some great buttercream recipes, go to the Wilton Discussion Forums where you will find the BEST buttercream recipe!  It's called Bunnywoman's ButterCream.  You will not be disappointed with it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...