Sunday, November 7, 2010

New challenge begins

Today marks the day that the new Holiday Challenge begins. I really need this challenge. Not so much to win the money, because hey, we all know that it is usually the newer bandsters with lots to lose and losing lots will win. That's not why I am in this challenge. I am in it for the accountability of it. I haven't really had anyone to say boo to since the last challenge and it shows on the scales. Thank you again, Kristen, for running this challenge!

I am going to get back to my former bandster ways of eating: small bites, chew chew chew, small portions, LOTS LESS FOOD!

I am also going to do my best at exercising. Unfortunately, with the work I am in, our really busy season is upon us and I expect to have some really long days ahead of me. Hopefully I will still be able to get to the Y and exercise. I am going to need those extra calories burned if I want to meet my goal for the challenge.

Which brings me to the numbers.

Starting weight: 224.6 pounds
Goal weight: 210.0 pounds


So in the six weeks, I want to lose 14.6 pounds. That's 2.43 pounds a week. I need to do this. I can do this if I put my mind and body and mouth to it. I have been stuck and climbing at the 220-224 range since July. That's enough laziness for me.

I am going to try to start tracking my food intake and exercise each day. Not sure if I will be able to post it, but I need to see what it is I'm doing and I want my readers to see it to so they know what it is I am doing and what it is I am not doing. And don't be shy about calling me to task if I am slacking. I need your help. I think that is why most of us are in this challenge, so we can help each other.

In fact, I am going to create another blog list on my left sidebar with the blogs of each contestant (I really hope there aren't a ton because my blog will be really long :0). That way, I can see how you are doing and offer my support to you as well.

Best of losses to everyone who is competing. May all the bandsters lose!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...