Monday, October 25, 2010

It happened one weekend

I don't know what "it" is, but I thought that was a catchy title! :0)


Hubby left Friday to go hunting. So I was home alone with Cinnamon and Sugar. They weren't too bad. Normally they get pretty antsy when one of us is gone. They'll sit along the back of the couch or at the top of the steps just staring at the door, waiting for our return.


However, at night in bed, it was a totally different story! I don't know what it was that they thought they were hearing, but they kept waking me up. Saturday night, Cinnamon was barking so bad that I even got up, sans PJs, to see what he was barking at. He wouldn't even jump off the bed and go looking with me, he stayed there! The little shit! I looked out our computer room window, didn't see anything, went to the landing over the front door, nothing. I think he was just hearing things. So Sunday night, I closed our bedroom door, and they didn't bark once!


Saturday, my mom, aunt and I went to dinner and a movie. We saw Hereafter. Save your money! It took forever to get to a point. If I hadn't have paid so darn much money to see the dang thing, I would have got up and left it was so boring. About 1/3 of the movie happens in France so they're talking French with subtitles. Ugh, I really do not like reading my movies. I'd rather read a book! Then, in the last 7-10 minutes of the movie, everything comes together and it's all happily-ever-after. To say I was disappointed is putting it mildly. Blah.


We had a potluck at church Sunday. I made a chile rellano casserole and pumpkin spice cupcakes. I expected the rellano to be hot but it was so mild I was embarrassed! I used a bag of mild Anaheim chiles and a bag of Big Jim Anaheim chiles. The Big Jims are supposed to be hot. Not this time! But all of it was eaten so that's good. The cupcakes were a hit too. I posted the recipe over on Grits, Greens and Everything In Between if you're interested.


Sunday evening I got started on cleaning out my bedroom closet of all my too big clothes. My closet is looking pretty good. However, my bed isn't as I threw all the too big clothes on it intending to sort through them and deal with them. Well, I ran out of time before my Sunday night shows started (Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters), so I didn't get back to them. I ended up just moving them over so I could go to sleep last night. I will deal with them tonight when I get home from work. I have to as Hubby will be back from his hunting trip this afternoon and I'm sure he won't be pleased with them piled on his side of the bed!


I have so many really nice work clothes that I think I will end up taking to our local YWCA for women there. I thought about taking them to a consignment shop, but I'd rather donate them to someone who is in need. However, I'm not going to get them pressed. They are all clean, just wrinkled from being tossed to the bottom of my closet.


Hubby did fill his deer tag. He shot a 2x3 buck. I'm sure we'll be skinning and processing it tonight. By we I mean them. I don't cut fresh deer. The last time I did that I about tossed my cookies the smell was so bad. I don't mind cooking it or eating it, but for some reason that fresh smell just turns my stomach.


How was your weekend? Did you get all accomplished that you wanted?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...