Friday night, after having been told by a co-worker a couple of days earlier that I needed to go buy new slacks as my butt was all baggy, went and bought size 14W slacks and they fit well! NSV! I am now down 12 sizes in pants, from a 26W to 14W. I'm quite excited about that, considering how my scale has hovered around the 220-222 mark for two months now.
I did a new exercise class last night at the Y: Kick n strength. It's an hour long class that combines kick boxing and strength training. Kristi teaches it, along with several other classes at the Y. She is also my favorite zumba teacher. But back to kick n strength, we did about 30-35 minutes of kick boxing routines, followed by 25 minutes of work with a weight bar. I'm not sure how much my bar weighed as I didn't see a label on it, but we lifted it with our arms several different ways, did squats with it (Kristi loves squats!), then laid on the floor, and did several different lifts, both with our legs, our arms, as well as the back of our knees (that was hard since I was sweating so much it kept slipping). We then did some (what am I talking about, we did lots!) of crunches. After the class, walking out to my car which I usually park quite a way from the door, I was just dragging! It felt good to know that I worked really hard in class.
Tonight I'm going to try Y Firm. It's an hour long strength training class that is supposed to burn lots of calories. It'll be interesting to see how I feel after it. Normally, on Tuesdays, now that our bible studies have started back up, I'd go to bible study instead. But since I have other things going on two Tuesdays a month, I've decided to work out on the other Tuesdays. Hubby gets to explain why I'm not there.