Thursday, June 3, 2010

Looking good after surgery

This afternoon I went for my follow up doctor's appointment following my gallbladder surgery. I've been relatively pain free since Monday. Off the vicodins since Monday. He said to keep taking the aleve to help with the inflammation which will keep any pain due to inflammation at bay. I showed him my incisions and they are all healing nicely.

I had thought he had gone through one of my lapband incisions for this surgery, but come to find out, he did a bit of "cosmetic" touch up for me on that particular scar. He said that that scar was almost keloid, so he went in and cut it out and sewed it back up, which hopefully will prevent it from coming back. That particular incision scar had gotten all rounded and hard. Thanks, doc!

I must wait at least one more week before I can go back to water aerobics. All of my incisions must be completely healed over. I can walk all I want. No weight lifting for at least one more month. And he said I can try zumba, but if I feel any pain, then to stop and wait a while longer before trying it again.

I'm glad. I finally got myself into an exercise routine and I don't want to stop for very long or I'll get out of shape. According to his scales, I'm the same weight I was prior to surgery, which makes me very happy as I didn't want to have to lose a bunch of surgery weight. With the upcoming challenge, I want to be able to go for it, if not at full tilt, then at least 60%.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...