This morning I printed out my post from Saturday so I could show it to my doctor, since it had all the details of my pain. I went in, filled out my normal form asking how I was doing since my last visit (what zone am I in, how much am I eating, how much am I exercising, etc.). I turn it in and when I do, Carrie, the surgeon's wife and office manager, sings me a series of birthday songs, as today is my birthday. It makes my day!
I then go in, weigh, and their scales have me at 227! Can you believe that? Mine this morning showed me at 230.4 and that's butt naked! I'm not sure which scales are correct, but I must say, I like their number. :0)
I go over with the doctor all the stuff that's been going on, both with how I've been eating this last week as well as the pain I've experienced. After all his questions and my answers, he says he thinks it sounds like my gallbladder, but let's do an ultra sound to check for stones. Sure enough, he found two stones hanging out in there. Those little suckers sure know how to cause some big pain!
So the plan is to have surgery to remove the gallbladder. I need to check my work schedule tomorrow and see what is going to work out best. I have the next four Thursdays to choose from, even Thursday of this week, if I wanted to (5/20, 5/27, 6/3 or 6/10)! I've got to see what my boss thinks, as I'm supposed to be in Denver meeting with a new client on June 2, which would be at the tail end of my recovery period if I had the surgery 5/27 (assuming all goes well), and either may not be cleared to drive or be ready to drive to Denver yet. I could have it 6/3, but we are supposed to do a chili cook off in Snowmass that weekend, so that would ruin those plans. If I wait until June 10 to have the surgery, then that means I've got three weeks of possibly having additional attacks, and one of them could be the "big one," the one that I've heard many people describe as if they are having a heart attack. I'm not sure I want to wait that long. Hubby says if I need to do it 6/3, then missing out on the Snowmass cook off is no big deal.
I told my mom about it and she offered to come and stay with me afterwards, and even be at the surgery center the day of surgery. Since it's an outpatient surgery, I'll be back home sometime in the afternoon, assuming all goes well. I reminded my surgeon about the negative reaction I had to the anesthesia from the lapband surgery, and he said when I talk with the anesthesiologist, to let him know, so that they can have me all ready to go before giving the first shot. Here is the link to my post detailing what happened.
Thank you, my friends, for all your good wishes to my earlier posts. It's nice knowing that I've got friends here, though you may never have met me, care.