Friday, January 29, 2010

Tofu Mexicano

I made this for dinner last night. I used ice berg lettuce to make lettuce wraps out of them.

Cooking spray
2 c. onion, chopped
1 large clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 pound extra firm tofu, drained and chopped
1 c. bell pepper, seeded and chopped (I used orange)
1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1 c. tomatoes, chopped (I used Roma)
1/2 c. low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper to taste

Heat cooking spray in a large nonstick ovenproof skillet until hot but not smoking. Cook onion, garlic, cumin and chili powder for 3 minutes, until onion is softened.

Add tofu, bell pepper, jalapeno, and tomatoes and cook about 3 minutes until peppers are softened.

Sprinkle cheese on top and place under broiler for 40 seconds or until cheese melts and becomes bubbly. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Serve as is or in lettuce leaves. Serves 4.

Calories: 308.84, protein 26.72 grams, fat 16.37 grams, carbs 16.97 grams, cholesterol 20 mg, fiber 5.53 grams, sodium 266.99 mg.

I served this with some fat free refried beans, and then made up some ground beef with same spices for Hubby in case he didn't like this recipe. He ended up putting it all in a tortilla and he said it was good.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...