Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My reading list

I tore through the series of Harry Potter books this summer. I'd barely put one down and I'd be picking up the next. This last book I read, however, took me almost three weeks to read, and it really wasn't that long.

The Shack by Wm. Paul Young tells the story of a man, whose younger daughter is kidnapped and murdered, and how he confronts God regarding what happened. If you've ever wondered why God "allows" things to happen, this is a book for you to read. It can be a tough subject, especially if you are in the midst of a personal struggle. I'd highly recommend it.

I just got an e-mail from Barn.es & No.ble saying that John Gri.sham is coming out with a new book, F.ord C.ounty. I am looking forward to reading it.

I have quite a few books that I purchased over the summer that I haven't read yet. I need to dig them out of my closet and get started on them as I still have quite a few books to read before I hit my goal of 30 books read this year. The books on CD don't count towards my goal, so I need to get crackin'!

My husband asked my why I don't read the Bible, especially considering how much I love to read. I told him it was a throw back to my childhood, when my mom would use reading verses as punishment. So even though I know there are some really good stories contained within the Bible, I have a hard time reading it. However, I did read the Song of Soloman and Wow! Talk about some steamy reading. You'd not expect to find that in the Bible.

Have you read any good books lately?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...